Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully provides support for all Information Technology products and services offered by ICT service catalog to end users. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy
- Records all required customer and problem information in the ICT ticketing system
- Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job and also other informative work logs
- If required, provides on-location support for various remote operational sites
- Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues.
- Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
- Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or system follow up
- Works on Service Desk related projects as assigned by supervisor
- Serves as a hardware technician who installs, repairs, troubleshoots, modifies computer systems and related hardware to meet the needs of customers
- Responsible for all IT related equipment set up for meetings/presentations
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
- Oversee the performance of certain computer systems
- Maintains strict confidentiality (e.g. passwords and other system security features) for the purpose of ensuring district network security
- Available for 24x7 on-call rotation as operation might require
Knowledge & Skills:
- English language proficiency level: ILR-2 (Limited Working Proficiency)
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience on Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, general computer applications, and security solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support
- Basic knowledge of network devices, servers and services such as Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, file and print server.
- Basic knowledge of operating common Content Management Systems such as Joomla, WordPress, and SharePoint
- Working knowledge of desktop and laptop computers hardware.
- Working knowledge of typical office equipment such as telephone, printer, copier, and fax machine, etc.
- Working knowledge of principles related to the establishment and maintenance of networks. (LAN and WAN)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are imperative for documentation and the translation of technical subjects to non-technical staff
- Windows 10, CompTIA A+, or CompTIA Network+ certification preferred
- Customer service training and/or experience are beneficial
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
- Minimum 3 years of experiences in similar roles and responsibility
- Vocational or university education preferably in computer science or other related fields
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions, occasionally in urgent situations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must be self-motivated and dedicated to continual personal and professional improvement
- Ability to work extended hours during tax season or when required to complete projects
- Willingness to travel to remote offices as needed