We’re passionate about adding great people to our team. We want people who have hustle and a desire to make things better. We’re currently seeking a WordPress developer to join our development team, someone who wants to make an impact on their peers. As a WordPress Developer, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, work with APIs, including creating WordPress themes and custom plugins for a news website with a great visit in one day. We are expecting you to have a strong understanding of latest industry trends and content management systems.
WordPress Developer duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Build new WordPress pages from provided designs in a timely manner
- Build WordPress plugins as needed
- Develop custom WordPress themes and functionalities with PHP
- Maintain, update and troubleshoot WordPress websites
- Work independently to create/verify project scopes and provide web development timelines.
- Carry out assignments with ability to successfully work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- At least 4 years of experience working with WordPress
- WordPress expertise, including plugins, with demonstrated experience in custom theme development and management of core and custom modules
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development