We are looking for an SRE Engineer to join our team and develop software systems and automated solutions for the operational aspects of an organization.
● Consult with management on the operational requirements of software solutions.
● Contribute expertise on information system options, risk, and operational impact.
● Collaborate with developers on software requirements, as well as interpreting test stage data.
● Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
● Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
● Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplift.
● Conform to best practices in network administration and cybersecurity.
● Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
● Oversee routine maintenance procedures and perform diagnostic tests.
● Manage the installation and configuration of solutions.
● Document processes and monitor performance metrics.
● Plan and build infrastructure changes with the support of team and business leadership (write complex work plans with effort, and risk information, a phased approach, etc.).
● Perform regular security hardening and respond to security audit reports.
● Assist with onboarding new engineering staff via account creation, basic infra training, etc.
● Manage the deployment, maintenance, and upgrade paths of the infrastructure.
● Creation and maintenance of infrastructure-related automations.
● Provide occasional training to engineers on new infrastructure, developer environment, or pipeline features.
● Identify the need for engineering documentation, training, and occasional drills to handle incidents.
● Flexible working hours.
● Talented colleagues and an interesting work environment.
● Generous low-interest loans to employees.
● Competitive compensation packages.
● Proven work experience as an SRE engineer or similar roles.
● Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or similar roles.
● Strong awareness and consideration of web application infrastructure.
● Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
● Ability to ensure smooth software deployment by writing script updates and running diagnostics.
● Ability to program with one or more high-level languages.
● Familiar with distributed storage technologies like Ceph, and S3 as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (Docker and Kubernetes).
● A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks.
● Ability to oversee and mentor junior software developers, as well as report to management.
● Ability to install and configure software, gather test-stage data, and perform debugging.
● Experience designing, debugging, and running fault-tolerant large-scale distributed systems.
● Experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo, and Elasticsearch.
● Experience in managing Linux-based infrastructure.