● Research and analyze market trends and statistics to make modeling decisions.
● Develop and implement complex quantitative models (e.g., models for trading equities) and analytical software/tools.
● Detail model specifications and methods of data collection.
● Test new models, products, and analytics programs.
● Maintain and modify financial models while in use.
● Apply or invent independent tools to verify results.
● Collaborate with teams of mathematicians, computer engineers, and physicists to develop optimal strategies.
● Consult with financial industry personnel on trading strategies, market dynamics, trading system performance, etc.
● Generate requirement documentation for software developers.
● Present and interpret data results to senior management and clients.
● Master's degree in Financial Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, or other quantitative or technical fields.
● Strong coding skills in python.
● Familiarity with statistical packages such as Stata and Matlab.
● Knowledge and experience in machine learning, NLP, and other unstructured data.
● Knowledge of financial market products, asset management products, and the asset management industry.