Senior Purchasing Manager (Chain Stores)
● Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
● Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
● Develop cost reduction strategies and savings plans
● Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
● Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying and supplies.
● Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
● Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
● Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
● Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
● Control purchasing department budgets.
● Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
● Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability
● Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products, or substitute materials.
● Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
● At least Bachelor's degree in Commercial, Finance, Economics, or related fields.
● Minimum 10 years of high level commercial and corporate experience in a related role specifically in chain stores.
● Good command of English both written and spoken.
● Good interpersonal and communication skills.
● Critical thinking.
● Having analytical mind.
● Ability to work under pressure.