The Senior IT Procurement Specialist will act as an internal and external liaison in all Procurement matters for IT, in coordination with Legal, Finance, main Procurement, IT Management, and Vendors. This individual is an Indirect Procurement Subject Matter Expert (SME) and responsible for executing daily procurement activities and ensuring the delivery of procurement services and operations results. This position is instrumental to the delivery of day to day IT Operations, and also IT project delivery.
- Monitor, assign and fulfill service requests as submitted from IT via the ServiceDesk system for IT - Perform complex process-related duties related to the purchasing of Services, Goods, and Equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures, namely reviewing requests from IT Management and IT Leads for processing of contract agreements, requisitions to purchase goods or service as per IT Budget
- Review requests for completeness, appropriate budget assignment, including preliminary contract review for appropriate effectivity dates, MSA references and QC of other recurring clauses, as per Legal expectation
- In an ongoing basis, prioritize Procurement requests with IT Management, IT Leads, IT Project Managers, and ensure priorities are communicated and reviewed with Legal, Finance, main Procurement on a weekly basis
- Partner closely with IT Team Members ensuring POs, agreement renewals/expiries are reviewed and addressed in a timely manner
- Proficiency with building presentations to summarize PO, Agreement data, organizing medium
‐sized meetings to pull IT Management and Leads through their data, prompting for action and explanation of procurement process
- Partner with Finance, main Procurement, Legal on targeted projects or initiatives in support of changes or updates to policy or procedure
- Work under tight coordination with IT Support Services and IT Infrastructure team on receipt of goods, as physically received via Shipping & Receiving to ensure correct storage or receipt by appointed named persons
- Knowledge of Procurement, Accounts Payable and Contracting systems principles and processes
- Experience with ERP, Finance, Contracting systems such as SAP or Oracle
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Procurement - Bachelor/master’s degree in IT, Electrical Engineer, Business or related discipline
- Ability to multitask with strong prioritization, planning and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluid comfort and use of Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and also Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of IT hardware, software procurement is preferr