Bafgh Mineral Complex Iron & Steel Industry (B-MISCO) Tehran
Posted 9 months ago
Senior Electrical Engineer and Senior Process Engineer are assigned by Engineering Division Director to a Project/Plant and he/she acts as Leader of engineering activities for the respective discipline in a Project/Plant under the supervision of Project/Plant Engineering Head.
- Supervising the discipline team staff assigned to the respective Project/Plant.
- Responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of all related engineering deliverable produced by engineering contractor.
- Responsible of compliance and for adherence to company / division procedures / policies and assigned Project/Plant procedures.
- Maintain engineering procedures/QC checklists on the supervised staff work.
- Give technical guidance and comments on the documents prepared by engineering contractor.
- Ensure the efficient running of work of assigned engineering staff.
- Ensure that all work on assigned Project/Plants, is completed within prescribed time schedules.
- Complete familiarization with the main contract to be executed for the Project/Plant and execution of relevant scope of engineering works.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Senior Engineers of other disciplines and refer to Engineering Division Director on policy matters and unresolved difference and technical problems with such other disciplines.
- Review all changes on relevant engineering documents provided by engineering contractor(s) and inform Project/Plant engineering head where needed.
- Motivate staff supervised and increase / update their knowledge and skills.
- Assist in the training and technical development of subordinate engineers.
- Carry out a regular review of assigned staff manpower levels on assigned Project/Plant to maintain adequate staff, subject to agreement with Project/Plant engineering head or Project/Plant manager.
- Review and comment on specifications, requisitions, designs, drawings, etc., produced by the engineering contractor with regard to correctness and adherence to the contractual requirements and Project/Plant procedures.
- Adjust re-allocate workload of staff supervised when necessary.
- Assist Engineering Division Director in the development of procedures, working instructions, checklists and computer programs.
- Supervise/review vendor and contractor documentation and drawings both before and after the bid comparison stage.
- Participate as necessary in discussions with contractor or other involved parties.
- Participate in Project/Plant coordination meetings as necessary.
- Participate in division meetings.
- Ensure application of relevant –or latest- editions of codes and standards in respective discipline of Engineering.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements to perform the assigned Project/Plant activities within Project/Plant time schedule.
- Conduct or arrange for implementation of the assigned team staff activities in his/her absence or leave.
- Ensure Project/Plant plan execution by the assigned team staff.
- Monitor scope change relevant to the discipline in assigned Project/Plants.
- Perform inter-discipline planning / scheduling for assigned Project/Plants with assistance of Engineering division planning and Project control engineer.
- Site supervision on engineering manager request
- Doing any engineering tasks in project respect to the engineering manager request
Education: At least B.S. degree in Electrical or Chemical field.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of effective experience in the field of engineering activities regarding Mineral, Iron and Steel industries.
Capability to guide and manage project engineering team.
Successful participation in at least one project as senior engineer.
Good capability in communicating with people.
Good computer knowledge.
Very good command in English language.
Capability to participate in negotiation meetings with the Client/Contractor(s).