The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the serveral SQL Servers, ensuring their operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Running Microsoft SQL Server with Always On Availability Groups and Log Shipping
- Windows Server Failover Clustering in a virtualised environment
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Assist .net developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement. (in a code first Data Modeling Approaches)
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experienced in linux server and mysql
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- knowing ORMs like EF and Dapper is a plus
- Exposure to modern database technologies, including NoSQL databases and eventual consistency
- Scripting on Powershell
- SQL Server Reporting Services and Business Inteligence
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
Can't find jobs you're looking for?
Log In/Register for more opportunities!
Eppad (Ideh Pardaz Pasargad)
Since 2006, Eppad is the process control leader for Insurance companies. It has its root in Isfahan science and Technology Park. As a member of the park we kept our research and development culture in all these years and continue our path proudly.
Eppad plays a strategic role in transport insurance industry. Our services collect transport orders around the country and detects any fraud, anomaly or corruption in data and delivers them to insurance core systems.
Register for free Use
and speed up job searching