The Security Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of the enterprise cyber security policies, standards, programs and strategic plans to achieve a high degree of security program excellence.
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design system security architecture and develop detailed security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Perform information technology security research to remain current on emerging technology trends and develop exploits for disclosed and undisclosed vulnerabilities
- Taking action to respond to security incidents
- Develops, implements and administers information security solutions
- Develops, coordinates, manages, and conducts training on the incident response program
- Analyze IT projects and roadmaps and identify security dependencies and risks, and design solutions to remediate information security risks
- Familiar with Linux/UNIX
- Design, implement and test information security controls in enterprise, cloud, and product environments
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment and promote ideas at various levels of the organization
- Strong background in security architecture including a deep knowledge of IT network security (secure LAN, WAN, vLAN, MPLS, and secure network zoning and restricted network design) and cloud-based technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and implementing technical security solutions such as secure remote access, firewalls, encryption, secure protocols, data protection, data loss prevention, and identity management solutions both internally and within cloud provided services.