The responsibility of this position is for implementing, documenting, maintaining, and supporting the technical environment required by SAP. Individuals in this position work at an extremely high technical level with an understanding of SAP, its underlying database, operating system, and hardware platform. Incumbents interact with the SAP development teams, SAP configuration teams, various technical teams, and business stakeholders to optimize and maintain the overall SAP reliability, availability, and performance.
• Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (Training, Sandbox, Development, Quality and Production).
• Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
• Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance.
• Design and implement an optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
• Install and configure all required SAP database servers and application servers.
Distribute the online SAP user workload, monitor, and manage the SAP background job workload.
• Maintain SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
• Monitor all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.).
• Administer the SAP database (plan and perform database upgrades, apply database maintenance, design and maintain physical database layout, perform database reorganizations, design and implement backup and restore strategy, maintain database security, administer database performance, manage database storage, database problem determination and resolution, etc.).
• Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required.
• Assist in the design, testing and installation of the SAP data archive process.
• Apply SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
• Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
• Architect SAP Solution Landscapes or assist SE with system Architecture.
• Lead SAP system upgrades and installations projects.
• Lead projects to migration SAP systems to Secure-24 datacentres.
• Provide status reports for projects to management.
• Build and maintain strong customer relationships.
• Drive internal initiatives to better the overall performance, scalability and efficiency of the team.
• BSc, MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• 1+ years of SAP Basis work experience including hands on experience in below areas:
o S4, ECC, BI/BW,BObj, Live Cache, PI/PO, EP, Solution Manager, CRM, , BPC, Fiori, Content Server, SAPRouter,
• Understanding including the ability to monitor tune and troubleshoot the database system.
• Knowledge on Experience with Oracle Database, MS SQL, MaxDB, Sybase ASE and HANA
• Deep Experience with UNIX OS, Linux and Windows
• Migration and Upgrade experience on above platforms
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills.
• Strong customer focus. Must work well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex environments.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to various levels of management.
• Ability to adapt to changing business processes, technologies, and environments.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Strong desire and ability to quickly learn, become competent in, and apply new skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Must be proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work in pressure situations.
• Professional knowledge of 4 skills in English language