The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) has management responsibility for all sales initiatives to achieve sales targets and leverage the resources of the company in the specified geographical areas. He/She ensures profitable growth in sales and revenue through planning, while working cross-functionally with marketing and medical.
Key responsibilities and duties for this position
• The RSM will work closely with the DSMs to ensure the maximization of growth opportunities. This must be done while maintaining strict adherence to corporate compliance policies and procedures.
• Develop and increase regional sales performance to meet or exceed annual sales and market share. This position will be responsible for setting objectives and holding all team members accountable to those expectations.
• Territory planning and analysis; The RSM must monitor the complexities and changes of the business environment to take appropriate actions and proactively adapt them.
• Coach sales personnel on all aspects of selling; Provide insight and direction to the sales team on the development of strategic plans for tracking expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
• Build effective partnership across Medical and Marketing to assist in the development and execution of all key corporate strategies, including marketing strategy, and anticipate the market trend to optimize resource allocation.
• Adapts Management style to coach, develop, and promote team members through appropriate challenges to build commitment and engagement.
• Solicit the thoughts and opinions of employees to generate new ideas and solutions.
• Educational background (DVM, Pharm-D, MD), or Master in the related medical science.
• At least 5 years of experience in the people management and team leadership.
• Competencies must include analytical skills, strong leadership, strategic agility and interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
• Flexible with traveling across the assigned region.