A leading private company, active in energy industry including oil and gas and power generation, with a remarkable growth over last years Gheshm
Posted 19 days ago
- Report to Refinery Site Director
- Direct the operations of refinery process units to ensure that the facility is operating safely, compliant with environmental regulations, minimizing energy consumption, and maximizing overall profitability.
- Ensure reliable and cost effective operation of assigned processing areas including multiple process units, and utilities where the department includes operations supervisors and operators.
- Evaluate operational performance, implement recommendations for reliability improvements and cost optimization, and champion initiatives in support of long term sustainable profitability of the refinery.
- Develop procedures which minimize the number and magnitude of safety and environmental incidents. Promptly report any incidents, and consult with the Safety, Environmental and/or Engineering Departments to improve facility operations.
- Collaborate with other members of the refinery management team and unit superintendents to plan and manage turnarounds, shutdowns, and start-ups as well as emergency situations.
- Enforce or modify work procedures as needed to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Lead and establishes and promotes a culture focused on safe, environmentally compliant, and reliable operations.
- Have a thorough understanding of the process hazards present at the refinery, and help develop the plans, tactics and strategies to reduce and/or eliminate the likelihood of these hazards impacting personnel or the community at large.
- Review status reports and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Confer with personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinate and manages group activities and interactions with other divisions.
- Provide training oversight at regular intervals for all staff levels to improve plant operations and safe work practices. Ensure that required training records are maintained and that refinery personnel participation in company sponsored and outside training opportunities.
- Advise the Refinery Site Director regarding day-to-day and long term processing capabilities.
- Prepare reports for management, client or others.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering from a reputable university
- Minimum 10 years’ operating and/or engineering experience in a refinery or petrochemical facility
- At least 5 years’ Experience managing employees in a unionized facility strongly preferred
- Demonstrated history of successful leadership
- Technical skills:
- Deep knowledge of oil reservoir and its calculation
- Ability to design different pipes and joints
- How to operate and operate the equipment required for this purpose, including precision tools, pumps, turbines, valves, etc.
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Behavioral competencies:
- Responsibility and accountability
- Managing people
- Highly developed interpersonal Skills
- Analytical thinking skill
- Result oriented
- Attention to detail
- Problems solving and decisive decision making skills
- Age: 32-40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Gheshm