The R&D lab Chemist in paint industry is accountable for ensuring and improving paint quality and production efficiency under minimal supervision. Sufficient paint and coating formulation knowledge, manufacturing techniques and statistical analysis skills are required to maintain local formulations, improve processing, and determine root causes and corrective actions on non-conformance. This position will also demonstrate the ability to execute key process improvement projects.
Here’s some of the other things you can look forward to:
- R&D under supervision of R&D manager
- Coordinate project activity with all pertinent functions within SW (mfg., sales, marketing, quality, etc.) as well as external parties (i.e., customers, RM suppliers, industry organizations, etc.)
- Meet or exceed the stated requirements on turnaround time for projects.
- Resolve internal and external technical problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain safe operating procedures through complete knowledge of safety rules and lab procedures.
- Maintain inventory, equipment, lab panels, and supplies essential to efficient operation of the lab.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those in the field.
- Formula entry
- Formula modification
- Test plate application
- Doing tests on paint
- RM testing
- Filing and documentation
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Chemistry or a related discipline
- Preferably Degree in Polymers and Coatings.
- 1 year of experience in paint and coatings formulation and application.
- Experience working with chemicals and performing scientific testing.
- Capability to manage own work under direct supervision.
- Effective in understanding directions and interacting with other lab personnel.
- Ability to perform as part of a team.