Working within the Research and Development (R&D) team, the holder of this position will be primarily responsible for managing all of the department's operational activities.
• To direct and coordinate the activities of the entire Research and Development department;
• Participate in the development and deployment of the department's strategic and budgetary plans;
• Ensure the development and performance of the department by setting up clear and efficient processes and procedures;
• Implement an efficient organizational structure and a succession plan for the R&D team;
• Supervise, coach and evaluate team members;
• Ensure the personal and professional development of the department's employees by continuously improving personnel management practices (skills plans, training, career plans, development, evaluations, etc.);
• Integrate best practices in product development;
• Conduct market research, identify market needs, and develop new products;
• Document the processes and the data used to produce every product starting from the raw to finished goods;
• Find reliable sources of raw materials.
• Gender preference: Male;
• General knowledge of electronics;
• Hands-on experience of managing R&D projects and teams;
• Sign non-compete agreement not to work in any motor drive manufacturer or any motor drive company for 2 years after leaving SBT;
• Have a very good analytical and synthesizing mind;
• Have leadership and influencing skills;
• Be autonomous, responsible and resourceful.