• Meet formally agreed KPIs of:
o Call Setup success Rate
o Congestion (on all radio resources)
o Dropped Call Rate
o Control Channel Failure Rate
o Handover Performance
o Reduce Internal interferers and follow up with Radio Support to remove External Interference
o Radio Resource Utilisation monitoring and optimization
o Throughput monitoring/improvement
• Maintain and/or improve the radio network QoS and G(grade) oS including and not limited to accessibility, mobility, quality and retain-ability.
• Conduct analysis and perform automatic frequency/PSC/PCI planning to improve the radio network QoS.
• Co-ordinate network optimization procedure and guidelines with other departments and groups (Planning group, TX, Core and VAS, Implementation and Operations, ) to ensure consistency and integrity across the network
• Anticipate the need to adapt optimization and frequency strategies for new emerging technologies
• Ensure interworking between technologies is optimized and neighbour relations of different 2G, 3G, and LTE technologies are defined correctly and are audited. Also ensure settings are optimized for optimum inter technology working.
• Ensure all databases which are affected by optimization activities are updated and regular discrepancy checks are being done
• Achieve the most effective design of RF installation and issue re-design orders which will satisfy all the demands of the market while delivering satisfactory return on investment considering the cost of installation, market requirements and expected traffic, environmental management legislation and knowledge of the existing radio network. Also to cover new potential areas.
• Support in identification of required upgrades to ensure that enough capacity is available on the RAN nodes to cater for required demand of both CS and PS.
• Identify and follow up on all down sites with responsible teams for recovery.
• Follow up customer complaints raised from different sources and resolution by optimization activities and planning requirements.
• Follow trouble tickets process for faulty BSS hardware identifications through vendors and MS.
• Monitor quality and priority of raised TT (Trouble Ticket) by MVO and follow up on with other responsible department to ensure TTs are closed with enough/detailed feedback at soonest possible time.
• Monitoring and optimization of temporary Sites (COW/COL) which are used in seasonal/events to ensure the optimum services are given to subscribers.
• Research, investigate, test, evaluate and implement 2G,3G and LTE features and processes which will result in improvement of the quality of the network and without compromising its profitability.
• Review existing radio network to initiate improvement on the current radio network design and utilization.
• Ensure integrity of cell parameters all over the radio network.
• Oversee frequency/code-planning process done by vendors and ensure that world class methods are being continuously & timeously implemented, to meet technological changes
• Ensure refarming activities are being done correctly and quality of network is not deteriorated.
• Ensure that radio network quality is monitored on a continual basis to identify any degradation coming from operational and project activities irrespective of project milestones on timely basis.
• Ensure that all vendors meet work instructions/contracted KPIs targets and SLAs also at the same time satisfy all the radio network quality related license conditions.
• Identify and follow up for Worst Performing Cells. This includes follow up for sleeping cells PS/CS as well with the vendors.
• Identify external interference issues in the network and follow up with Radio support and vendor to produce and register the reports in CRA Database.
• Work with Regional Optimization manager to identify resource Re-shuffling cases to be initiated by MVO Vendor.
• Schedule drive tests with the vendor/sub-contractor to carry out required crucial drive test and follow up. Keep balances between the requirement and the available cost for drive testing – not to exceed the OPEX budget for test drives..
• Specify, motivate and guide the development of tools to automate the optimization and planning processes.
• To specify optimization related applications and guide software developers in the development thereof.
• Ensure a comprehensive, integrated collection and compilation of performance reports for the BSS network from all the vendors through standardisation of reporting and counters.
• Bachelor Degree in Technology Systems (Telecommunication Management / Information Technology) or related area
• At least 3 years’ experience in radio network planning and optimization. 2G,3G and 4G
• Experience working in a medium to organization
• Experience working with Huawei telecommunication equipment