The Public Affairs and Health Policy (PAHP) Manager is responsible for advocating the priority topics, priority status is given to those public policy issues that promote Sanofi’s ability to achieve its business goals.
In this capacity, PA manager provides support and assistance to Public affairs and Market access (PAMA) Head to:
- Screen and identify the government’s health and investment policy programs and regulations; coordinate in order to develop the Sanofi Group company positions and action plans on the subjects directly related with the operations of the company
- Position Sanofi as the reliable partner and Partner of choice to government with an emphasis on Sanofi’s unique and differentiated position as localized multinational having Local production, Technology transfer ,providing crucial and vital products for the rare diseases and General medicines, providing major parts of Vaccines and also Collaborate with the Ministry of Health on programs for the prevention , control of certain chronic and non-communicable diseases and on managing related risk factors, notably diabetes and also to improve the availability of accurate, reliable, and meaningful epidemiological studies and registries in IRAN.
- Negotiate and create necessary mindset / political view in government to shape the right policy environment and secure endorsement from government to serve business needs of Sanofi
- Provide (policy) support to
- New product launches
- Biosimilar legislative and operating environment
- Regulatory and market access issues and difficulties
- Interactions with Patients & Patient Associations
- In addition there is a specific duty to self-assess risk for the domain of responsibility, and highlight risks to the n+1 direct manager in a timely manner.
KEY RESULTS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Under the supervision of PAMA Head, has authority to act within established company positions on:
- Government issues while engaging with stakeholders,
- Helping Sanofi monitor healthcare environment,
- Emerging legislation and stakeholders and
- Also develop collaboration and partnership and to shape the environment
- Builds strong relationships with;
- local and regional internal stakeholders (BUs, support functions), and,
- Regularly communicates with those audiences to build knowledge, understanding and coordination about topical issues and their implications for Sanofi as they emerge during the course of the year.
- Key business partners reside in BUs, IA, Medical, Regulatory Affairs, Market Access, Legal, Finance, Communications departments.
- Manage review process for numerous external communications materials:
- Sanofi Group priority topics and their external messages, positions, statements on policy issues, response documents to legislations and/or strategy documents, customized stakeholder messages, etc.
- Interface with internal teams (BUs, clinical, medical, regulatory, market access, legal, communication, etc) and reconcile, if any, conflicting feedback on materials to ensure timely resolution.
- Keep various parties apprised of status, timelines and directional shifts to ensure smooth review process and to meet deadlines.
- Screens and identifies the government’s health and investment policy programs and regulations; coordinates in order to develop the Sanofi Group company positions and action plans on the subjects directly related with the operations of the company
- Coordinates Sanofi’s engagement with external stakeholders
- Provides the necessary coordination within the Sanofi Group in order to ensure that Sanofi is represented effectively and its priorities are overseen through the representatives of relevant industry associations and NGOs in which Sanofi Group companies are a member
- Monitors stakeholders and provides regular feedbacks to the Company on the current and prospective developments (structural/organizational status & changes; laws and strategy documents, drafts, and proposals; ministerial position on critical issues etc)
- Assists PAMA Head in strategizing and implementing Public Affairs scope relating “Local Manufacturing Projects” of Sanofi Group companies;
- Assists PAMA Head in developing public private partnership (PPP) strategy and projects in alignment with the overall Sanofi business strategy communicate with internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Participates to permanent and/or ad-hoc transversal platforms and meetings that PAMA department leads, prepares and circulates meeting minutes, coordinates the execution of decisions and reports the outcome to related internal stakeholders
- Participates in working/expert groups of NGOs, industry associations, conferences and other events to communicate company position and issues
- Effectively provides the necessary coordination within the Sanofi Group in order to ensure that Sanofi is represented effectively and its priorities are overseen through the representatives of relevant industry associations and NGOs in which Sanofi Group companies are a member
- Follows-up and reports on the social, political and economic developments, especially related with investment and R&D policies in the country and in the competitor countries
- Self-assesses risk for the domain of responsibility, and highlights risks to the direct manager in a timely manner.
- Medical qualification as practitioner / Faculty of Medicine or with a medical background
- Marketing experience/qualification is a recommendation
- Minimum 1 Year experience in market access or health economics in the pharmaceutical industry, with a comprehensive understanding of the pricing /reimbursement environment and the government/payer review process
- Analytical thinking and ability to coordinate complex organizational activities and high volume projects
- Influencing multi-discipline professionals and effective distribution of tasks with staff satisfaction
- Managing critical and confidential information and sharing appropriately
- Strategic vision
- Change and innovation
- Team performance
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation skill
- Attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Stakeholders focus
- Drive for results
- Ability to learn and to adapt
- Decision Making in VUCA Environment
- Strong understanding of payer requirements and priorities
- MS-Office Programs
- Local and international knowledge pharmaceutical market, pricing and reimbursement and related regulations
- Possession of know-how, perception and experience of networking