Our Production Planning Manager will be responsible for leading the production planning group to effectively create and maintain an efficient production schedule that meets customer requirements while minimizing cycle times and effectively utilizing inventory.
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems
- Maintain Identify and manage bottlenecks and capacity issues with the Production
- Management team, co-ordinate internally and externally the resolution of the issues.
- Maintain a valid capacity requirements plan that supports the master production schedule
- Liaise with Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Installations and Client Services to achieve on time delivery at optimum cost with optimum inventory levels
- Lead the development of scheduling tools to increase the level of automation and reduce the manual nature of the Scheduling function
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality
- Initiate or coordinate inventory or cost control programs
-knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
-knowledge of quality systems and standards
-knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
-knowledge of process improvement techniques, human resource principles and practices
-knowledge of machines and tools
-knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices, solid computer skills and office