A leading private company, active in energy industry including oil and gas and power generation, with a remarkable growth over last years Tehran
Posted 3 months ago
List of responsibilities:
- Take part in negotiations and conduct competitive bidding/tenders with potential suppliers in close cooperation to ensure the most competitive value in terms of quality, price and service.
- Make sure that all tendering documentation is professionally maintained.
- Manage existing supplier base in his or her respective area.
- Maintain effective communication with vendors.
- Regularly assesses suppliers' performance and communicate it to internal customers and assessed vendors to constantly improve customer-buyer-vendor relationship and vendor performance.
- Proactively research and monitor the market for the new suppliers and products, best price and value propositions.
- Preparing, maintaining and updating systematically (digitally and physically) the history and information of purchased goods, purchase costs, receipts and performance of purchased products. Documentation of the ordering process based on company’s requirements
- Communicating with suppliers of company to place the orders and arrange the shipments Forecasting and placing orders and following payment, shipments, Shipment follow-up as well as provision of upstream reports and alike,
- Preparing and handle all necessary documentation from P/I to custom declaration
- Monitoring and following applicable laws and regulations whether local or international,
- Constant contact with organizations and authorities involved,
- Dealing with the required payment procedures and banking structures,
- Preparing payment documents for the financial department,
- Preparing files to open L/C or T/T,
- Providing constructive feedback
- Prepare contract drafts for purchasing goods or services from different sources around the world
- Review the contracts provided by different clients and leave proper and effective notes and comments on the draft at tender stage to safeguard the interests of the company
- Attend contract negotiations at different levels
- Lead the negotiating team whenever required
- Cooperate with the other members of the department effectively; and act as a solution provider in critical cases.
Reporting to: Commercial Director.
Subordinates: No Subordinate.
Length of Probation Period: 3 months.
Working hours: 8 to 17.
Travel requirements: Travel extensively whenever required .
University Qualifications: Bachelor/Master university degree of Civil, Mechanical, Metallurgy, Electrical Engineering, Business management, management, industrial management, Commercial Management or equivalent .
Nature and length of previous experience: Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience .
- Familiar with commercial activities, contract, import regulations, opening LC, bank procedures and Customs clearance.
- Purchasing experience of equipment.
- Familiar with purchasing, logistic and supply chain principles.
- Approach challenges with confidence and optimism.
- Comprehensive knowledge of foreign procurement and commercial procedures, regulations, sourcing and correspondence
- Familiar with the FIDIC Contracts (or at least other standard internationally accepted contracts)
- Should have a general understanding of terms in international trade
- Technical knowledge in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical engineering is considered a plus .
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Highly skilled in working with MS Office software and the internet
- Fluent in English and Excellent oral / written communication skills and presentation experience
- Good teamwork skills
- Highly skillful in utilizing English language (speaking and writing)
- Should have a good memory
- Energetic, hardworking and responsive
- Should work easily as a team member, Possess high social relations capabilities, Very precise in explanations, Possess leadership qualities, Very punctual and patient, Work overtime when required