As a plant manager you should Determine and formulate policies and provide overall direction of companies or private and public sector organizations within guidelines set up by a board of directors or similar governing body. Plan, direct, or coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives and staff managers.
1. Direct or coordinate an organization's financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
2. Direct human resources activities, including the approval of human resource plans or activities, the selection of directors or other high-level staff, or establishment or organization of major departments.
3. Appoint department heads or managers and assign or delegate responsibilities to them.
4. Analyze operations to evaluate performance of a company or its staff in meeting objectives or to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
5. Direct, plan, or implement policies, objectives, or activities of organizations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, or to increase productivity.
6. Interpret and explain policies, rules, regulations, or laws to organizations or corporate officials, or individuals.
7. Quality output of finished products and ensure the same are within standards.
8. Conduct ongoing evaluation of production line for efficiency, modifications, improvement…. Etc
9. Collaboration with research and development department in order to produce new products
10. Ensure quality & system according to the company quality policy and within ISO-9001/2000 requirements
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Food Industries, management or industry
- Minimum 4 years related experience
- Having knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Having knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- Having knowledge of process improvement techniques
- Having knowledge of machines and tools
- Solid office skill (Excel)