Reporting to the FC Outbound Manager, responsible for the outbound in night shift. Accountable for the daily operations assuring efficient product flow, monitoring daily performance of associates and quality improvement. Responsible for following and making associates aware of company policies and procedures. Manages the distribution of outbound products to assure maximum efficiency, quality, and service at the least possible cost. Direct planning to assure optimum performance related to cost efficiency. Responsible for managing, training, and helps manage employee relations programs and issues, where appropriate
- Manages the workforce and workflow within the departments directly or through supervisors to
needed outbound job functions within the departments to balance staffing and reduce overtime.
- Works directly with associates to establish and foster a strong working relationship to support and enhance work performance.
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all outbound functions. Inbound
- Ensure proper acceptance of product in accord and relevant to regulations and Company policy; Outbound
- Ensure timeliness, safety and accuracy of outbound shipments.
- As an FC leadership member, manages outbound flow of product through the FC in the Outbound: Direct reports, order-filling, replenishments, shipping and other duties as assigned.
- In conjunction with the FC senior manager, responsible for the development and coaching of outbound Supervisors.
- Conducts associate performance reviews and gainsharing results. Conduct employee training and development, monitor job and safety requirements. Perform Job Element Analysis in order to improve job performance, ongoing process.
- Outbound - Works directly with members-vendors-customers to establish and foster a strong relationship related to warehousing and or delivery functions.
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all outbound product delivery. Makes sure the facility is a safe work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 to 5 years of experience as a leader in the FC or logistics industry, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in the FC or logistics industry.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Proven leader of people in a similar environment.
- Decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- PC skills including proficiency in use of MS Word & Excel.
- Strong knowledge of outbound, WMS is preferred.