Purpose of the role:
Develop and monitor implementation of procurement plans for the sourcing of indirect goods and services for the factory environment in BAT Iran.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Implement procurement plans for the sourcing of indirect goods and services for the factory.
• Identify and manage the risks which exist whenever goods and services are contracted out to suppliers and service providers.
• Select the right suppliers for indirect goods and puts contingency suppliers in place to manage risk on behalf of the business
• Ensure the category sourcing and contracts for indirect goods and services in the factory meets the business requirements through the execution of the sourcing process
• Ensure contracts are negotiated in a way which fulfill the customer requirements whilst also meeting the needs of the business
• Ensure full compliance with applicable procurement policies, standards and platforms.
• Maintain constant and high level of communication and engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
• Improve supplies delivered to factory by increasing level of service and reducing cost and complexity.
• Strive for continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers, managing resource and actions from other functions into this process to deliver quality enhancement and smart spend management.
• Propose and/or develop alternate solutions alongside new products and services
• University degree level education in a relative major
• Experience of supplier and contract management at a local level for a period of 4 years minimum including negotiation and contracts placement
• Knowledge of the procurement processes, platforms and policies
• Technical knowledge of factory operations, machinery and equipment is preferred
• Proficient in supplier assessment processes that are used to develop supplier improvement plans
• Detailed understanding of e-commerce tools (such as e-Sourcing, etc.) to enhance and sustain the Indirect Procurement processes
• High level of commercial awareness
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships
• English fluency
• Ready to relocate to Karaj
Describe three practical skills that you have which will make you qualified for procurement executive? Don't just name them. Describe them by bringing examples.
As the work location is in the factory in Eshtehard Industrial City, the company will provide accommodation allowance for those who are not living near there to move and live in Karaj or Mehrshar. Are you ready to relocate to these cities for this job?
Are you fluent speaking in English?
Can't find jobs you're looking for?
Log In/Register for more opportunities!
British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco company founded in 1902. We are the world’s largest quoted tobacco group by global market share, with over 200 brands sold in over 200 markets. BAT has more than 50,000 employees worldwide with factories in 41 countries. The quality of our people has always played a major role in our success, making us successful worldwide and leader in more than 55 markets.
BAT Pars was founded in Iran in 2003 and has since expanded its market presence by 4 drive brands which are: Dunhill, Kent, Pall Mall and Montana. In 2016 we established our independent factory in Iran.
We can proudly announce that in 2018 we have earned the Top Employer seal of recognition in five regions – Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East including Iran. Certification is awarded by the Top Employers Institute, which recognizes leading employers around the world that excel in nurturing and developing talent throughout all levels of an organization, while striving to continuously optimize employment practices. BAT offers exceptional opportunities for career and personal development, a competitive package and extensive trainings. Our workforce is strongly multi-cultural and we have a devolved structure, with the local company having wide freedom of action and responsibility for its operations. We believe that because our products pose risks to health, it is all the more important that our business is managed responsibly. Responsibility is integral to our business strategy and through dialogue with our stakeholders, we are working to pursue our commercial objectives in ways consistent with changing expectations of a modern tobacco business.
500 employees or more
Retail, Shop & Supermarket
Register for free Use
and speed up job searching