The Network Operations Center is responsible for the monitoring and response of IT service related issues to expedite repair and minimize negative customer experience. The Operations team also provides coordination of new technology and service deployment, new equipment acceptance, and configuration management.
Network Experts in this job role will have expertise in network planning, deployment, troubleshooting and maintenance areas. They work with products or solutions based on any vendor hardware and will have deep understanding of networking concepts and technologies and OSI 7 layers model.
Position is responsible for escalations from the tier 1 and tier 2 teams, where an issue will take longer to troubleshoot, could go across multiple product lines. This position requires a dedication to problem solving an issue until its conclusion.
- Under supervision, performs network administration & planning for all aspects of IT-network infrastructure
- To include network equipment, servers, and software applications.
- Brings in reliable, durable, and cost-effective solutions for all IT related needs.
- Perform a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Mikrotik, and Fortigate network equipment.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and meeting SLA.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans - Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization - Work closely with the tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures
- Coordinate with the rest of the ICT team to meet the team objectives
- Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support