About the Team:
Data Center team is committed to providing an up to date technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing of Snapp.
We are responsible to ensure all servers and services are secure, operational, and highly available. We identify failures and problems in the network, servers, firewalls, etc.
Because data centers run 24/7, we may need to work evenings and weekends. We may also need to be on call to work when technical problems occur.
About the Role:
As a Data Center leader in Snapp, you will be working on managing Data Center Operations Technicians in the maintenance of the data center environment and ensuring all server environments are secure, operational, and highly available, specifying the road maps and strategies, people and technical management, collaboration with other tech and non-tech departments, collaboration with other organizations and providers, defining annual and quarterly OKRs and Goals for the team, capacity management, inventory management, defining and tracking missions and visions, 24/7 on-call, scheduling employee shifts, Simultaneous management of tasks, making team align with business strategies, solving troubles inside and outside of the organization (related to Network and security), solution providing, managing the incidents, analyzing the growth and facilitate environment to meet the growth considering business limitations, decision making on all categories including Network, Hardware, Security, Monitoring, processes, etc..
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction for in-house staff for the safe and reliable operations of data center and infrastructure systems
- Provide hands-on project management for strategic department-wide initiatives, inclusive of technology selection, effort, timeline, cost, resource allocation, system engineering, RFP/SOW creation, vendor selection/management, solution delivery, and implementation
- Ability to decompose large initiatives into constituent projects and executable technology delivery goals
- Oversee 2nd and 3rd level Infrastructure operations support for the department on a 24x7 basis, with on-call support during off-hours for initial response to disruptions, outages, and incidents
- Implement ITSM and ITSM procedures with a focus on Incident Management, RCA/Problem Management, Change Management, Event Management, SLAs, production support, standards, and best practices for the technology organization
- Assist with the implementation and evangelization of network security best practices and lead network security incident response/management if necessary
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with peer and senior management, manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all in-scope infrastructure systems
- Own the project lifecycle and be responsible for managing technical and operational risks and issues for projects
- Work with peer Infrastructure and other IT Department Managers to provide input into the departmental vision and strategic road map for Data Center technical platforms
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with senior management, decision-makers, stakeholders, department managers, and end-users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities
- Provide organizational and cultural change leadership and change management
- Build a culture of pro-activity, business cooperation, continuous improvement, and exceptional service delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a leader or manager
- Minimum of 12 years of experience as a network engineer
- Deep knowledge of data center network design and solutions
- Deep knowledge of datacenter security design and solutions
- Deep knowledge of datacenter hardware and storage solutions
- Deep Knowledge of virtualization solutions
- Enough Knowledge of container solutions
- Enough Knowledge of Linux system administration
Skills and Experiences
- Organizational Skills
- Self Motivation (seeking out ways to improve the data center and staff)
- Availability and Commitment
- Communication and Service delivery Skills
IT - Network Administration
IT - Network Administration
To see more jobs that fit your career
Jobs and employment for Iranian professionalsFind jobs in best Iranian companies and international firms active in Iran.