● Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of network devices such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
● Install and upgrade network devices components and software, and integrate automation processes.
● Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
● Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
● Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
● Lead Service Desk support efforts, making sure all connected equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
● Responsible for capacity, demand planning, and network performance.
Knowledge and skills:
● Proven experience as a Network Administrator or similar role.
● Working knowledge of Cisco routers and switches.
● Working knowledge of Fortinet firewalls.
● IT certifications in Cisco are a plus.
● Strong knowledge of networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
● Experience with scripting and automation tools.
● Expert knowledge of security, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
● Flexibility, accountability and self-discipline.
● Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
● Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
● Thinking creatively/outside of the box to solve business problems.
● Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.