National Sales Director is accountable for executing the 0-18 months price and volume strategy set by the Business and Marketing Organization and owns relationship with customers. The National Sales Director is responsible for overseeing all Solico Group sales activities and managing 4 regional sales managers. Also, responsible for staffing and providing leadership towards the achievement of team goals and profitable growth in line with Solico Group vision and values. Key activities include plans and strategies to expand the customer base as well as driving sales growth strategy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Owning and meeting/exceeding annual sales targets for Solico Group.
• Engage the team, also identify weaknesses and work directly with sales staff to overcome their challenges.
• Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand Solico Group customer base
• Business development and to drive significant sales growth
• Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
• Motivating Sales team so they can achieve their goals
• Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
• Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
• Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of account
• Forecasting future sales and forming sales plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the sales team.
• Supports and implements new product launches and related sales activities
• Develop sales objectives/key goals with Regional Directors and provide counseling, guidance, and support to drive product sales.
• Identify additional sales activities, training, or materials necessary to accomplish specific product sales in key accounts or markets.
• Perform analysis on global opportunities and create forecasts for sales results
• Responsible for the recruitment, motivation, management, performance and development of sales force with support of people services and HR CoE.
• Work and collaborate closely with a diverse group of internal cross-functional teams, including Business group heads, Product Management, Sales capability management (Sales planning, trade marketing, and category management) Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain, Operations, and Executive Management
• Provide leadership and manage the customer base while seeking out and developing new customers to grow the business.
• Utilize ERP and other Sales Management System.
• Work internally with ERP team, customer service, finance (credit establishment), supply chain, and business groups to ensure that customer expectations are met or new customers are set up.
• Develop technical and commercial selling tools.
• Work closely with customers and legal to develop supply contracts with customers.
• Develop & communicate (internally) short and long-term strategic account plans and customer impact statements
• Develop innovative ways to work efficiently and/or to manage customers.
• Understand the vast product line, and associated raw materials, manufacturing and QC processes.
• Understand customer needs and provide innovative ideas for technical solutions that can lead to new and or improved products for customers and consumers.
• Work with product management to define and prioritize technical/product projects.
• Lead liaison between customers and the Solico Group organization for customer issues.
• Act as the champion for the assigned customers.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Solico Group Quality systems, policies, and organization.
• Actively attend and participate in sales and technical meetings within and outside Solico Group.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
• BS degree in combination of 15+ years in combinations of Sales (primary), Marketing, Product Management, Customer Service. MBA Preferred.
• Industry experience in implementing customer excellence and managing executive and corporate customers preferred.
• Responsible for recruitment, motivation, management, performance and development of global sales staff (total team of approx. 25).
• Technical and or sales background in food and beverage industry.
• Ability to manage customers in multiple regions while focusing on a specific Sales Zone.
• Report writing and presentation – commercial, plans, presentations to customers and internal stakeholders.
• Market analysis and ability to organize and present data in a cohesive and meaningful fashion.
• Computer skills including: database, Excel, Word, PowerPoint; knowledge of ERP and Sales management systems is a plus.
• Capable of independent action; takes initiative and leads decisively.
• Provide leadership in developing short term and long-term strategies to maintain current customers and grow the business to meet or exceed plan.
Role model for behaviors defined in the Competency model that include…
• Exceptional interpersonal abilities and a strong winning drive for growth and sales success
• Manage multiple tasks and complete these in a timely fashion to enable the company to exceed customer expectations and provide superior products and service.
• Communicate with stakeholders – commercial team, customers and other associates in a respectful and professional manner to foster a productive working environment.
• Maintain a high work ethic (timeliness/punctuality) and abide by LZ legal & ethical guidelines.
• Leadership and ability to champion initiatives that support the product platform.
• Ability to listen and identify customer needs in order to provide the desired level of support.
• Informed decision making, project prioritization and time management.
• Negotiation and communication skills to deal with routine and challenging business situations.
• Motivated self-starter who is willing to mine for new business of lubricants and adjacent markets
• Team player who is also an individual performer.
• Requires domestic travel, up to 50%