MPS Planner is responsible for Master Production Scheduling (production & Capacity planning) for all locally produced SKUs of all production lines; either to be supplied to local market, or receiving countries of export market and to provide consistently constrained MPS plans, which are optimized, feasible and realistic, while ensuring the required service level and inventory objectives are met.
- Create a feasible production plan that takes into consideration to available capacity, labor and materials, so that it best balances expected stock cover and availability of finished and semi-finished goods.
- Supply planning: Analyze and evaluate the supply plan and net dispatch requirements to satisfy customer needs taking into account the network complexity and the supply constraints.
- Inventory Management: Balance the need for product availability versus the need to minimize costs of inventory to ensure optimum stocks of the right material in the right location.
- Exceptions management: Analyze exceptions, to take business decisions (based on priorities or after arbitration) and to adjust planning results accordingly. Establish production requirements for short and long term and to follow up production plans.
- Establish stock policies for Finished Goods.
- Determine key issues with volume variance that may impact supply, and highlight to Demand Planner and Export Supply - Planner by - challenging existing Demand and Supply Planning processes and tools implementing improvements to deliver tangible benefits (e.g.: time savings, increased efficiencies, etc.) - monitoring requirements evolution.
- Challenge manufacturing on regular basis to manage lot sizes, cycle times and R&P inventory levels, to drive optimum Finish Good inventory level. Also, to challenge and support Demand Planner (Domestic and Inter Market Supply) to improve Demand Planning Accuracy
- Identifies possible problems, opportunities and improvements in collaboration with the factory within the 18 month horizon
- Contribute to cross functional planning activities according to Best Practice as well as ensuring alignment with regional Demand Supply Planning teams. Be an active player in local event management to bring visibility & alignment between factory & HO.
- Full fluency in English is a MUST
- Two or more years of relevant operational experience at market / business level is useful, in at least one of the following areas: Factory Planning, Supply Network Planner, Purchasing, Supply Chain Development, Factory Production Team Leader, and Demand Planning
- Strong communication skills, Ability to influence, Eye for detail, Ability to prioritize, balance/challenge conflicting objectives, expand beyond the scope of the role and challenge the status quo.