Objective of the role:
The general manager directs manufacturing operations through a team of functional managers and supervisors. The position ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines.
List of responsibilities:
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of lean manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships
- Manages material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Balances work cell capacity/loading across the plant.
- Determines operations head count needs and ensures compliance with company policies.
- Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Manages compliance with all regulations.
Reporting to: Board of directors.
BA in Accounting, Finance, MBA, Engineering.
Nature and length of previous experience:
Minimum 8 years’ experience in food industries.
Specialist knowledge: MS Office
Soft Skills and Personality traits: