The main purpose of the job:
Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities, and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect condition and collaborate in the development of the mission.
Responsibilities and tasks:
● Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
● Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through regular visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs, and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to the supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
● Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
● Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
● Managing and following up orders which include collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, making local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensuring reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
Specific accountability based on the Kerman project context/nature:
● To propose and implement solutions to reduce the ecological footprint of the activities.
● To gather information and participate in continuous context and situation analysis.
● To participate actively in the training proposed by the management.
● To perform any other tasks within the scope of his role, as directed by supervision and according to the needs of the mission.
Specific requirements for the role:
● Secondary education and a higher degree in a construction-related area with a validated diploma.
● Experience in medical facilities appreciated.
● Experience in team management.
● Fluent in Farsi and English (level B1).
● Good technical skills in electricity, plumbing, construction, and biomedical equipment.
● Project management skills.
● Good computer literacy (Word, and Excel).
Personal attributes required:
● Results and service quality orientation.
● Teamwork and cooperation, able to work with multidisciplinary teams in a multicultural context.
● Behavioural flexibility.
● Commitment.to MSF principles.
● Good communication skills (verbal and writing).
● Stress management skills.
● Flexible and rigorous.
The deadline for submitting CVs is 12/12/2022.