• Manage, develop and train Logistics Assistants and Logistics Administrators.
• Identify cost saving opportunities and develop operational plans for implementation.
• Manage aasood logistics service providers within contract guidelines.
• Resolve any service provision issues that may arise in consultation with the Corporate Logistics Director.
• Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with logistics service providers.
• Work with the Warehouse & Distribution Section Managers to communicate and assist in implementing cost saving opportunities where required.
• Carry out visits to suppliers and freight forwarders where necessary.
• Supervise the use of route optimization /transport management applications for inbound and outbound freight to ensure that region/division transport requirements are met on daily basis (if applicable).
• Review routes for operational viability and cost effectiveness.
• Monitor logistical costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates.
• Effective collaboration with sales units, customer experience and other units to ensure timely and accurate delivery of customer goods and to measure their satisfaction.
• Experience working in the industry in a management role is essential
• Familiar to the mobile market
• Experience working in the e-commerce market and especially the mobile market is an advantage
• Leaderships and Team Management skills are a must.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Logistics and Transport.
• Supply chain and logistic industry recognized qualifications are desirable.