The Logistics Manager should direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, and financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are:
1. Determine appropriate equipment and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
2. Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, warehousing, or receiving.
3. Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
4. Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
5. Implement new or improved supply chain processes to improve efficiency or performance.
6. Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
7. Forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
8. Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
9. Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
10. Monitor suppliers' activities to assess performance in meeting quality or delivery requirements.
11. Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
12. Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
13. Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
14. Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or responsibly disposed.
15. Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
16. Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
17. Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste, or to convert wastes to by-products.
* Completion of a master's degree in Industrial Engineering at an accredited university
* High performing Planning Manager with a minimum 5 years' experience in a large and diverse organization, with a desire to develop further
* Logistics Operational and Freight experience is desirable.
* Worked with analytical platforms like Tableau is desirable. Skills:
* Ability to build strong relationships cross functionally at all levels including senior management
* Demonstrates excellent forward thinking and change management skills.
* Excellent stakeholder management and IT skills.
* Able to demonstrate solid Commercial awareness and analytical skills