With Cafe Bazaar expanding further, matters of legal nature will also increase in size and depth. As a leading player, Cafe Bazaar has a variety of legal requirements to meet. Specifically, there is a wide range of contracts to be signed on a regular basis with domestic as well as international partners and it is crucial that all salient legal aspects are thoroughly considered before a contract is circulated for signature. Beside general transactional matters and accustomed contracts which any company will enter into, we handle a number of acquisition deals from time to time as well, which require detailed shareholding and share purchase agreements as well as other commonly executed deeds.
- Preparing legal documents and contracts in relation to general corporate works and acquisition transactions, especially in English.
- Drafting and reviewing various corporate legal documents such as confidentiality agreements, memorandums of understanding, and other similar legal documents.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legal environments, especially in the e-commerce sector.
- Finding solutions to various transactional problems.
- Assisting with legal due diligence of potential investment targets.
- Advising on the legal ramifications of company/asset sales and changing corporate structures.
- Advising on general and specific compliance-related matters in accordance with international norms and standards.
- Handling contract negotiations with different counterparties.
- Working with international attorneys/law firms to seek outside advice when necessary.
- Ability to draft agreements effectively
- Advanced English skills, especially in writing and reading. Ability to speak effectively
- Advanced familiarity with the Iranian civil code and commercial code
- Knowledge of Iran’s startup ecosystem is preferred
- Strong transaction experience within international schemes
- Commercial acumen
- A team-player who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Project management skills with a meticulous attention to detail; must be able to work both independently and in a team
- Master’s degree from a top-tier law school; preferably in private law or international trade law
- At least 2 years of relevant experience as a legal specialist, an in-house advisor or a lawyer in a law firm