If you want to work for a company that makes a difference in people’s lives all over the world, consider Roche. You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point, you will manage the second IT support level (onsite user services), with a wealth of IT knowledge and experience to exhibit intellectual curiosity and integrity, and have a strong passion to bring value-adding technology and mindset to the
What you’ll be working on:
● Monitor and keep the service level agreed with the business, for Onsite support
(Incidents and Requests fulfilments, according to ITIL best practices).
● Reach top ratings on customer satisfaction for End-User Services, Ensures that
end users and Local management are satisfied with IT support and services received
● Supports the timely implementation of global/regional IT initiatives at the site
● Manage experience with a proven track record of running high-performing
environments, and professional experience in the area of operational IT services in
multiple fields of technical experience.
● Provide support and guidance for onsite services (e.g. events and meetings). Drive the user experience and promote best practices.
● Interfaces with and supports the IT areas with infrastructure strategy and activities
● Provide local, regional, and global support for IT projects
● Ensure the timely implementation of global, regional, and local initiatives and IT
● Propose opportunities to optimize our service delivery using global guidelines as a
● Support incident and request management and measure performance against
● Manage service providers and vendors that we use to deliver services, including
contract management and service reviews.
● Lead and deliver global/local network infrastructure, telephony, workplace, client
hardware, and employee experience projects and deployments, including the
measuring of success and adoption of these solutions.
● Manage and maintain the hardware inventory end-to-end process.
● Work as part of an agile team with whom you need to be focused on creating great employee experiences in the way our colleagues interact every day with innovative technology and digital services in our workplace.
● Lead and support business continuity activities.
● Partner with key business stakeholders, analyzing business requirements and
choosing solutions to our challenges, deploying solutions, and contributing to the
marketing and change management campaigns to ensure high adoption of these
● Develop and execute proper communication strategies for IT services and
● Proactive in coordinating with IT areas for communications to be sent to the end
● Build up a communication pathway across the squad product teams, and ensure the messages coming from the squad and product teams are consistent across all
communication channels and review the communications prior to sending them to business colleagues.
● Create a great IT experience to make the business most efficient by using our latest
collaboration suite ecosystem in line with our agile principles.
● Ensure onboarding of Roche new hires’ readiness so that they gain the most possible value out of the Roche IT products.
Policies and procedures:
● Follow defined working processes and standards in the execution of daily duties.
● Ensure compliance with global standards at a local level.
● Evaluate actual needs and reflects them in the forecast events.
This challenging role requires the following qualification and experience:
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
● 3 to 5 years of experience in providing onsite and/or remote technical support to end users in PC and Mac environments with experience across multiple domains.
● Experience with a proven track record of running high-performing environments, and professional experience in the area of operational IT services in multiple fields of technical experience.
● Understanding of Roche-supported operating systems, devices, and applications, including the Google Suite of Applications, MS Office, etc. would be an advantage.
● Knowledge of network concepts (e.g., TCPIP, Windows/Mac Networking,
Wireless, and Ethernet).
● Good understanding of web conferencing and mobile technologies, and an understanding of audio-visual equipment as it relates to PC/Mac platforms.
● Experience with the service now ticketing system and troubleshooting hardware
or software, or mobile devices.
● Excellent working knowledge of the ITIL Incident Management processes in an IT service delivery environment.
This challenging role requires the following skill set:
● Highly accountable and results-oriented. Persistence, resourcefulness, drive, and ability to work proactively. Must have outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a team environment or independently.
● Able to provide resolutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
● Able to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, both verbally and written.
● Strong organizational and multitasking skills, along with the ability to prioritize tasks among many competing requests.
● Proactiveness, can-do attitude (always have a solution to every problem), swiftness in response, and agility to the vast changes in market dynamics.
● Willingness to help and share experiences demonstrates the right mindset to collaborate across affiliates and is a great example of the networked ways of working that we all at Roche aspire to.
● High sense of responsibility, accountability, and a sense of belonging
● Customer centricity, and strategic agility skills.
● SCRUM Master certification is preferred.
● Innovative and creative problem solver highly accountable, agile, and with an outcome-oriented mindset.
● Good interpersonal communication skills, organizational and time management skills, demonstrate a high aptitude for learning
● Good networking skills, builds strong relationships with people in the direct team and wider organization and enjoys working as part of highly collaborative teams.
● Can influence decisions within areas of expertise and ability to present technical solutions or issues to management and project teams in nontechnical language
● Can lead onsite service implementation projects and engage with colleagues as part of implementation teams.
● Strong IT service management capabilities and can identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives in the services and technology solutions we use.
● Flexible to work outside of normal working hours and prepared to undertake
occasional international travel.
● Customer-centric mindset, proactively understanding the customer, anticipating
their needs, and meeting their expectations.