MCI is seeking a motivated individual looking for an exciting opportunity to join the team as an IP Network Planning and design Engineer to support innovative network solutions. The selected candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams. Work independently and as a member of teams on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs, based upon user requirements, creating network diagrams, preparing configuring network equipment. Plan and design nodes, sites and links within the national IP/MPLS Edge & Core Networks and ensure ongoing development to cater for new developments in the organization’s business plan. Produce network convergence hierarchy, topology, architecture and infrastructure redundancy plan for VPN service integration, regional Service provider edge aggregation and IP Core Transport via the multi-service backbone.
- Plan, design routing & transport technologies for Provider Edge aggregation and Core transport network integration and verify requests, justify needs and classify all requested networks and services for MPLS VPN integration and Broad-Band Network Gateway capacity planning.
- Plan and evolve Quality and Class of Service techniques at the network Edge and in the MPLS core network. Plan all IP backbone integration events, issue work orders and control project processes for capacity expansion, node integration and/or new service introduction.
- Conduct weekly & monthly analysis of the statistics from the live network nodes, trend analyses, capacity planning and expansion in line with network growth trends and increases in traffic.
- 2 years of experience in IP networks
- Deep knowledge and understanding of IP networks and protocols, network security
- Experience in IP/MPLS Networks designs
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn new things with a good attitude
a. CCNA/CCNP Cisco certification or similar network level exam
b. Experience in Huawei, Cisco, Juniper switches/routers/Firewalls
c. Experience in External Routing Protocols (ie.: BGP, MPBGP)
d. Familiar with technologies trends (ie.: SDN/SR/Robotic Automation)