MAINTAIN THE INTERNAL CONTROL ENVIRONMENT
Procedures and policies
- Provide active support to process owners /departments for the formalization and design of local procedures and ensure that actual processes and controls are adequately described in local procedures,
- Ensure that local procedures are formalized, updated and in line with the Global policies, standards and guidance and verify that local procedures are adequately approved and communicated,
- Maintain a list of local procedures in place.
- Formalize individual delegations of authority forms, maintain and update the country/MCO matrix of delegations, consistently with Corporate / Region guidelines,
- Ensure the country/MCO matrix of delegations is actually reflected in the country/MCO systems.
Segregation of Duties and Access to Systems
- Jointly with process owners, monitor the definition and enforcement of proper segregation of duties rules, and ensure they are in line with the requirements of the Global policies, standards and guidance,
- Jointly with process owners and IS, perform regular reviews of potential user access conflicts in information systems, and propose organization changes and/or mitigating controls.
- Organize internal control training for new comers, support the departments for training employees on policies and procedures and develop targeted actions to increase internal awareness.
- Implement a Control Framework in line with Sanofi Internal Control Manual in all sites, entities & activities,
- Perform regular updates to the Control Framework, to follow the evolution of the Sanofi Internal Control Manual, and the release and/or amendments of Global policies and standards,
- Contribute to the continuous improvement by providing constructive feedbacks and sharing best practices.
Control Self-Assessment & Control Self-Testing
- Conduct an annual Control Self-Assessment,
- Support Local Management with the definition and implementation of action plans,
- Develop a local self-testing strategy and program and execute accordingly,
- Follow-up on the implementation of action plans,
- Update the relevant tool INTERACT,
- Present results to country management preferably during Country Council meeting.
MONITORING AND RELATIONSHIP WITH AUDITORS (internal and external) and with E&BI
- Act as a key point of contact for the Internal Audit before, during and after internal audit reviews,
- In agreement with the GM and the Country CFO, participate in internal audit opening and closing meetings,
- Ensure a timely and detailed follow-up of the implementation of internal audit recommendations,
- Support external auditors’ activities related to internal control and facilitate exchange of information,
- Follow up internal control weaknesses highlighted by external auditors, ensure adequate action plans have been defined, and follow up implementation and report progress to the GM and the Country CFO,
- Collaborate with E&BI manager on self-testing of compliance controls,
- Participate to Country Compliance Committee as a permanent guest.
- Establish, formalize and lead a local risk assessment from initial risk assessment to action plan follow-up in line with Sanofi risk Management standards,
- Based on the risks identified, define and implement a yearly testing program,
- Debrief identified issues with process owners and recommend improvements / process changes, and formalize them in an adequate support. Communicate results and report progress/delays to management,
- Support management in defining and implementing practical action plans to address deficiencies identified.
- Collaborate to initiatives aiming at reinforcing internal control within the affiliate,
- Ensure that internal control aspects are considered in all new projects and provide support and internal control advice for specific projects. Upon specific requests conduct focused internal control reviews,
- In coordination with the Country CFO and Compliance Department, conduct specific reviews on processes impacted by fraudulent behaviors, suggest action plans, and conduct specific reviews of internal control deviations reported by third-parties or employees,
- In coordination with the Country CFO and Business Development, be involved in due-diligence pre or post acquisitions, to assess internal control level of targeted / acquired entity.
- Conduct a regular review on processes to remove unnecessary steps in-order to bring simplification and swiftness to the process
- Develop simplification initiatives with examples when possible
- Education Level:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance or Internal Control. CIA / CPA are a plus.
- Relevant experience in external and/or internal audit,
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement a risk assessment and monitoring program,
- ‘Big 4’ auditing experience will be considered,
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus,
- Knowledge of internal control principles.
- Relevant experience in external and/or internal audit or other internal control related functions and demonstrated ability to define and implement a risk assessment and monitoring program
- Demonstrated leadership and recognized capacity to serve as a leader among peers,
- Communication skills to build commitment, create adherence and report to management,
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, work effectively with cross-functional partners and drive process improvement initiatives across an organization,
- Ability to handle confidential information and material with appropriate discretion,
- Excellent organizational skills as well as strong analytical skills,
- SAP knowledge,
- Knowledge of IT-based analytical tools
- Fluent English required
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills as well as communication skills to build commitment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, work effectively with cross-functional partners and drive process improvement initiatives across an organization.