Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organization founded in France in 1971 and providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics. MSF was awarded the Nobel peace prize in 1999. MSF has provided medical assistance to vulnerable people in Iran since 1990.
MSF France (MSF-F) is seeking to employ, a qualified candidate for the following position:
HEAD OF MISSION SUPPORT
City of work: Tehran
Estimated starting date: April 12,2021
Contract: FULL-TIME with probation period of 3 months
Main purpose of the job
Supporting the Head of Mission in coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the various follow-ups, providing translations and interpretations according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to facilitate the mission coordination tasks
Responsibilities and tasks
• Establishing and maintaining external relationships with relevant authorities and stakeholders. Keeping good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and departments and keeping up to date records of field contacts (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, etc.) in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
• At the request of the Head of Mission, assisting the HoM or representing MSF in meetings (NGOs, official bodies and administrations, etc.).
• Ensuring the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers, on policies and national protocols.
• At the request of the HoM, preparing and conducting an information briefing for staff
• Translating documents and acting as an interpreter for HOM when needed. Writing letters and correspondences with officials and partners and preparing reports, internal memos and formal requests. Monitoring the correspondences in the absence of the HoM.
• Accompany the HoM on field trips out of Tehran: visit to fields, participation in assessments on short notice, etc..
• Be reachable even outside of working hours by HoM, local counterparts, and other stakeholders if the works requires it.
What we offer:
• Legal contract with Social Security coverage
• Pay in accordance with the MSF salary table
• Health care coverage for the employee and his/her dependents
• The chance to gain professional development in an international organization and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organization
• The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need
• Education: University degree or similar level of education.
• Experience: Essential strong understanding of the workings of the different administrations of the country.
• Capacity in advisory role.
• Experience working in humanitarian environment in the country is a plus.
• Languages: Excellent command of written and spoken English.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and networking skills
• Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and economic data.
• Computer proficiency in MS Office