● Inform the safety, security, occupational health, and environmental standards, policy, and objectives of all employees within the company.
● Inform and raise awareness among employees regarding safety, security, occupational health, and environmental issues
● Plan and implement the necessary measures to comply with the requirements of safety, security, occupational health, and environment specified by the employer in the project.
● Update the requirements of safety, occupational health, and environment and inform all employees of the legal requirements of safety and environment.
● Implement the system for issuing work permits for hazardous activities.
● Cooperate in identifying risks and environmental impact aspects of the organization's activities with the cooperation of other departments
● Assess the risks and environmental aspects before implementing changes in the organization.
● Cooperate in the initial evaluation and selection of contractors in terms of safety, health, and environmental issues
● Prepare safety, occupational health, and environmental documents for contractors' activities and announce them.
● Implement the system for evaluating the contractors and preparing related procedures
● Positively supervise periodic occupational health, safety, and environmental visits by HSSE officials from different units/ organizations.
● Register identified non-conformities in the form of corrective actions or preventive actions and follow-up.
● Determine the tasks of identified non-conformities with senior management.
● Identify and determine safe places in cooperation with building management/maintenance and repairs.
● Cooperate in compiling emergency exit locations, maps, and safe places.
● Supervise the registration, reporting, and analyzing of incidents/ accidents and report the accidents to the legal authorities on time.
● Identify the potential conditions of response in emergency situations and plan the scenario for response with potential emergency conditions.
● Plan the emergency response maneuvers in coordination with senior management.
● Evaluate response maneuvers in emergency situations and revise response plans in emergency situations according to the results of evaluations.
● Implement the disciplinary procedures with employees and contractors in case of non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental issues
● Supervise having sufficient fire extinguishing equipment and planning to recharge them if needed
● Plan to obtain safety approvals for machinery from legal inspection companies or competent centers based on standard requirements.
● Identify chemicals used in the organization and preparation of MSDS chemical datasheet
● Monitor and check the inventory status of the first aid box and coordinate to update the first aid box equipment.
● Identify the resources needed to implement the project in compliance with safety, occupational health, and environmental issues, including occupational health and safety equipment, human resources, etc.
● Compilation of information on the purchase of occupational health and safety equipment, including PPE, safety signs, etc.
● Plan to perform periodical medical examinations of employees.
● Implement the waste management system and plan for the separation of wastes from the source in administrative and operational units.
● Monitor the activities of contractors regarding safety, occupational health, and environmental issues.
● Plan and hold occupational health and safety training sessions for employees and contractors in coordination with the training unit before starting their job and renew them on at least a yearly basis
● Develop a program to identify harmful factors in the work environment (physical, chemical, mechanical, biological, ergonomic factors)
● Plan to measure pollutants in the work environment and record and maintain the results.
● Measure the performance indicators of the HSE management system periodically and report to the management.
● Monitor and measure the performance of the HSE management system through proper checklists for monitoring and measuring activities.
● Collaborate with other managers to gather input for the management review of the HSE management system.
● Follow up on the approvals of the management review of the HSE management system.
● Prepare professional reports on safety, occupational health, and environmental issues and present them to senior management.
● Implement the PPE matrix for all individuals based on their tasks and job safety requirements.
● Implement a system to keep records of safety, occupational health, and environment accidents, incidents, near-misses, and KPIs.
● Determine training requirements and prepare a training matrix to cover the requirements of the plants.
● Bachelor's or Master's degree in Occupational Safety or Health.
● At least 3 years of work experience in similar positions.
● Mastery of domestic and international standards used in this field.
● Work experience in the Oil, Gas, and Petrochemical industries is considered an advantage.