● Perform buying duties when necessary.
● Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
● Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
● Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
● Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
● Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
● Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
● Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
● Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
● Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
● Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
● Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
● Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
● Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
● 2 to 3 years of relevant experience.
● B.A. or Associate Degree in commerce-related fields.
● Familiar with computer and good command of Microsoft Office.
● Excellent public relations and patience.
● Have perseverance and interested in commerce.