• Managing and structuring the finance department and taking a leading role in training and coaching the finance team.
• Prepare and analyze accounting records, financial statements or other management reports.
• Produce daily and monthly cash flows comparing budgeted costs to actual costs as well as predicting future revenues and financial commitments to plan ahead and prepare accordingly.
• Develop, maintain and analyze cost accounting and other financial reports that will lead to recommendations which will in turn help modify and improve business operations, revenues and expenses.
• Oversee the management of inventory at the central location as well as provincial branches.
• Responsible for all aspects of company tax compliance.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors and complete statutory accounts.
• Coordination with other finance managers within the same group to implement contractual obligations and ensure timely settlement of accounts.
• Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and working effectively.
• Evaluate accounting systems, procedures and practices and make appropriate recommendations for modifications and improvements.
• Responsible for the timely payment of salaries, travel expenses and allowances to the employees in addition to taxes, insurance and other government obligations and reporting on the same.
• Preparation of fiscal financial and statements including balance sheet and income statement.
Proven working experience as a Finance manager.
At least 10 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience, of which minimum 7 years should be as Financial Manager
Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year-end close process.
Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.