* Providing financial reports and interpreting financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
* Advising on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
* Maintaining the financial health of the organization.
* Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
* Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
* Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
* Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
* Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
commercial and business awareness
an analytical approach to work
high numeracy and sound technical skills
problem-solving skills and initiative
strong attention to detail
the ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
the potential to lead and motivate others