A Leading Company Active in Mineral-based Specialties for Industry Tehran
Posted a year ago
The Finance Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of all Finance and Administrative functions of the company. The Financial Manager will also have responsibility for ensuring that all financial transactions are accounted for and documented accurately. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting procedures are followed and budgets are adhered to; all internal reporting requirements and deadlines are met; cash is controlled and accounted for in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Ensure that effective systems are put in place and regularly reviewed to allow adequate financial management and control, including; cash and cash flow management and control; expenditure procedures, especially around procurement; cost allocation procedures; inventory and requisition procedures; documentation of all controls and procedures; training for finance staff as necessary; availability of funds for sub-offices.
2. Implement and maintain systems to ensure that cash is controlled and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Prepare monthly financial accounts and reports and review them with Managing Director.
4. Design and implement a system to assist Project Manager and Managing Director to review, monitor and track real time project budget Vs actual reports to ensure appropriate cost allocations.
5. Ensures compliance with local government Tax Law and tax reporting.
6. Manage the day to day performance of the finance team, ensuring that the team completes all necessary work to support the above responsibilities to an appropriate standard, encouraging their own personal development and dealing with any performance issues as required and conducting staff annual performance evaluation. Proactively identify and act upon deficiencies and areas for improvement in the finance team, providing training and other capacity-building where necessary to ensure that finance staff capacity is continuously developing.
7. Supervise the Accounting and HR Associate in the areas of benefits administration, new hire on-boarding, and other related functions.
8. Perform other duties/ assignment as assigned.
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Master or Bachelors degree in accounting, business management or similar is required;
- A minimum of 5 years experience as finance supervisor / lead position;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on program financial performance;
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- The candidate must be detail-oriented and able to work independently;
- Fluency in English required.