Environment, Health and Saftey (EH&S) County Manager- Eshtehard
Posted 5 Month ago
Purpose of the Role:
- To develop, implement and maintain an integrated management system that ensures best practice performance in environmental, health & safety (EHS) management.
- To minimize the risk of work accidents and illness and ensure the effective management of return to work in the event of an accident or illness occurring.
- To support corporate branding and corporate social responsibility by ensuring compliance with British American Tobacco's EHS policy objectives, standards and guidelines and all applicable national or regional laws and regulations and to contribute to protecting the continuity of supply of products to the market.
- Supply the working knowledge and appropriate information for the Implementation of IMS-EHS management systems, programmes and procedures as described in the British American Tobacco EHS Policy Manual to achieve the EHS policy objectives and targets, and ensure people are properly supervised to ensure compliance with all EHS requirements.
- Develop an Operations EHS Resources strategy aligned to the vision for Operations and the Company.
- Provide written reports on control weaknesses and recommended actions that will be submitted to management in order to ensure the Operations management team is in a position to optimize its contribution to the business.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise safety risk based audits/review of the company’s business processes aimed at identifying control weaknesses that would inhibit the company from achieving its business objectives and agreeing corrective action plans that would help ensure that the objectives are achieved.
- Qualify and be one of the regional resource to carry out EHS Audit reviews with a view to help assess and guide progress in other companies within the region.
- Ensure that board and line managers understand their EHS responsibilities.
- Implement the most effective Operations EHS organizational structure to meet business needs and populate this structure with best talent.
- Understand the capability gaps in the Operations EHS organization and drive the development of both functional and leadership skills.
- Act as a role model for the department by living the values on a continual basis. To ensure that Operations EHS team members are highly motivated, result oriented and efficient.
- Participate in external forums and industry groups on issues related to EHS to exchange knowledge and influence legislative changes.
- Develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders and ensure their engagement in, and support for the Operations EHS strategy
- Identify and promote the opportunities for the organization to move towards ‘sustainable development’ and to incorporate environmental friendly products.
- A minimum qualification of a bachelor's degree/HND (or equivalent experience) in engineering or natural/ environmental sciences.
- Possession of a recognized national or international diploma in health or safety practices.
- Sound understanding of risk management principles and their application to the business.
- Competent in computer skills and the use of the Company’s standard software packages.
- Effective communication skills to influence personnel at all levels in the company.
- Ability to deal with public bodies and regulators when called upon to do so e.g FMEnv, NISCN, NISP etc
- Understand and be sensitive to the natural environment and health and safety concerns and the priorities to be addressed.
- Good knowledge of all local legislation and regulations on Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety matters.
- Able to impart knowledge to others effectively.
- Basic Knowledge of finance /costing.
Are you mobile to leave your city and relocate to Karaj and live there?
Are you fluent speaking in English?
Do you have a related certificate or diploma in Helath, Safety and Enviornment?
Can't find jobs you're looking for?
Log In/Register for more opportunities!
British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco company founded in 1902. We are the world’s largest quoted tobacco group by global market share, with over 200 brands sold in over 200 markets. BAT has more than 50,000 employees worldwide with factories in 41 countries. The quality of our people has always played a major role in our success, making us successful worldwide and leader in more than 55 markets.
BAT Pars was founded in Iran in 2003 and has since expanded its market presence by 4 drive brands which are: Dunhill, Kent, Pall Mall and Montana. In 2016 we established our independent factory in Iran.
We can proudly announce that in 2018 we have earned the Top Employer seal of recognition in five regions – Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East including Iran. Certification is awarded by the Top Employers Institute, which recognizes leading employers around the world that excel in nurturing and developing talent throughout all levels of an organization, while striving to continuously optimize employment practices. BAT offers exceptional opportunities for career and personal development, a competitive package and extensive trainings. Our workforce is strongly multi-cultural and we have a devolved structure, with the local company having wide freedom of action and responsibility for its operations. We believe that because our products pose risks to health, it is all the more important that our business is managed responsibly. Responsibility is integral to our business strategy and through dialogue with our stakeholders, we are working to pursue our commercial objectives in ways consistent with changing expectations of a modern tobacco business.
500 employees or more
Retail, Shop & Supermarket
Register for free Use
and speed up job searching
Jobs and Employment for Iranian professionals
Find jobs in best Iranian companies and international firms active in Iran.