Objective of the role: Work closely with Engineers in maintaining the day-to-day operations of the machines.
List of responsibilities:
• Perform and complete a wide variety of maintenance and repairs.
• Follow-up, troubleshoot and repair all types of electrical faults.
• Inspect electrical equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the needed adjustment to ensure compliance with codes.
• Assemble, install, inspect, and test electrical equipment using hand tools and power tools.
• Perform or assist Mechanical or Electrical Engineers in the machine preventive maintenance.
• Ensure that electrical operation standards and control are achieved.
• Prepare and study electrical drawings and specification of electrical system to ensure that installation and operation conform to standards.
• Participate in the implementation of Quality Assurance and policies and procedures.
• Escalate maintenance concerns to the Line Managers.
• Perform on-call emergency service, as required.
• Observe and comply with the Health and Safety Policy.
Reporting to: Electrical Engineer.
Length of Probation Period: 3 months.
University Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree / Diploma in Electrical or Electromechanical.
Nature and length of previous experience: 2-3 of relevant experience.
• Cultural awareness / valuing diversity, teamwork and cooperation, results orientation, accountability, customer focus
• Skills – organizational, interpersonal, time management, computer, written and verbal communication in English
• Knowledge in electrical design and engineering techniques; ability to perform repairs to keep equipment operating.
Soft Skills and Personality traits: hardworking, teamwork.