The successful candidate will play a central role in all aspects of economic evaluation of potential projects in Exploration and Production segment. The candidate responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Providing corporate planning and business analytical support in achieving the Company's business plan and objectives
- Providing financial and commercial supports to the business and project development groups
- Providing research, analysis and screening of projects, business opportunities or proposals
- Evaluating and assessing the project/opportunity on the basis of its technical, financial and commercial viability, including performing the financial modelling as well as verification of its strategic fit to the Company's business plan, and make the appropriate recommendation to the Company in accordance to the internal requirements and processes
Project Economic Modeling
- Preparing financial models and cash flow forecasts for all projects
- Commercial due diligence and economic screening of projects
- Presenting economic reports and interpreting financial/economic indexes
Project Risk Assessment
- Modeling economic and key technical/economic/contractual metrics for case studies and sensitivity analyses concerned with Upstream projects and performance plans.
- Preparing deterministic/probabilistic risk assessment reports
- Performing simulations using statistical methods like Monte Carlo
- Leading the commercial negotiations for all new opportunities/projects, in the E&P segment
- Engaging with all JV partners in negotiations with clients on financial and commercial issues
- Contributing in drafting legal documents i.e. main contract, JOA, accounting procedures, etc.
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Business or Economics, preferably with an extractive industry specialization.
- 5+ years’ experience in business and economic analysis/modelling. Having experience in petroleum industry is highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience on different petroleum fiscal regimes especially common service contracts in Iran, e.g. IPC, Buy-Back, etc.
- Very strong economic modeling/valuation and analytical skills
- Supporting and working closely with other E&P functions - Technical, Cost Management, and Business Development and Finance teams.
- Excellent command of English, including verbal/written presentation skills
- Team working and communication competencies