The Drilling Engineering head is responsible for managing, supervising and providing strong leadership to the Drilling Engineers in the Drilling Department. The Drilling Engineering Manager is a member of the management team that will plan, develop and execute the drilling and exploration program.
- Supervise the specialist team of drilling engineers and provide technical advice to the Drilling Operations Departments on procedures and equipment required to improve cost effectiveness, operational efficiency and safe delivery of current and proposed drilling projects.
- Manage the design and execution of the drilling of horizontal wells on multi well pads.
- Manage the optimization of drilling operations to provide cycle time reductions, reduction in costs and increased operational efficiency.
- Establish and negotiate performance based service contracts based on footage, turnkey and bonus pricing mechanisms for optimal efficiency.
- Monitor the drilling industry and publications for new ideas and techniques.
- Work collaboratively with Geology, Completions, Reservoir, Procurement, Land and Production Operations groups to implement new projects and execute the drilling program.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of assigned staff to ensure that the work of the section is completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in preparation of management presentations and quarterly reviews.
- Provide solutions to the operations departments by analyzing drilling performance and developing methods to optimize operational efficiency.
- Develop innovative designs and procedures for CLIENT drilling operations and ensure input of these solutions into future field development projects as well as ongoing operations.
- Initiate and lead studies to improve procedures and implement new technology for the purpose of achieving safe, efficient and cost effective wells.
- Recommend the standard for drilling equipment and materials for both offshore and onshore operations considering the cost, operational efficiency and safety aspects.
- Provide support to the operational team by ensuring all software (e.g. data base software and technical software) required for effective management of drilling information and planning are available and accessible, and that required personnel are trained on its applications to enhance operational efficiency and ensure data integrity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
• Ability to direct the management and simplification of large amounts of data - analyze, interpret and integrate data from a wide variety of sources including daily drilling reports, directional surveys, mud reports, rig operations,.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Hands on knowledge of drilling rigs, support equipment, drilling plans and design.
• Takes initiative to gather data for problem solving and analysis.
• Industry Training.