Director, Enterprise Infrastructure and Operations (I&O)
Solico Group (Kalleh)
Posted 2 years ago
The Director, Enterprise I&O is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT infrastructure used to support business process and services across the enterprise. This is achieved through the effective delivery of IT services through management and orchestration of people, products, providers, and processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The Director, Enterprise Infrastructure & Operations will oversee all activities that are required to deliver IT services including:
• Provide leadership, vision and direction to the I&O organization to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
• Maintain healthy collaborative relationships within team and with adjacent teams while setting a high bar for performance.
• Leads the development of the I&O service strategy and technical roadmap and ensures its integration with the overall IT and enterprise strategic plans.
• Works with the IT leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
• Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations and IT service support.
• Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs. Ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with the agility required to address changing business priorities.
• Develops and controls the annual operating expenditure (opex) and capital expenditure (capex) budgets for I&O to ensure that it's consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise, and is within plan.
• Defines, develops and manages a comprehensive and integrated ITSM landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines and related toolsets, including a continual improvement mindset.
• Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms — including artificial intelligence (AI) and edge computing — and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced in I&O. This will ensure that IT capabilities respond to the needs of the enterprise's business strategy.
• Manage I&O group personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building out recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skill gaps.
• Manage relationships with major vendors and service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization.
• Set technical direction for the team in collaboration with other members of the IT Team and business; participate in scoping work and managing backlog for predictable delivery.
• Advocate for availability, reliability, security, and scalability of our platforms.
• Define team specific metrics, SLAs, and KPIs.
• Cultivate a culture of innovation and operational excellence.
• Take initiative to challenge and improve the status quo.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelors or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years demonstrated excellence in leading both infrastructure (data center, networking, etc.) and help desk teams.
• 5+ years’ experience managing infrastructure and/or software engineering teams in a fast paced, high-growth organization.
• Experience leading large complex projects with high organizational impact
• Experience building and developing high performing teams in a growing organization
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development
• Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments
• Familiarity with incident management, problem management, and change management
Demonstrated Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate an I&O vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy
• Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment in which resources may not be in direct control of this role
• Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
• Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units
• Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them
• Application of appropriate regulatory or statutory compliance, including SOX, GDPR, and information security
• Practical experience in developing and implementing a high-performing ITSM environment and knowledge of "what good looks like"
• Deliver effective service management through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and metrics to track and measure the quality of service. Integrates them with key accountabilities to ensure consistency of approach and continual service improvement
• Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce
• Experience working with third party vendors, negotiating contracts and oversight of vendor resources
• The ability to work effectively under VUCA environment, aggressive timelines and high-pressure situations.
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills in Farsi and English (IELTS 5>)
• A visionary (zoom-our and zoom ability), pro-active leadership style with exceptional detail orientation and a drive to exceed expectations
• Extensive experience leading infrastructure delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting and project planning