• Monitoring system performance and identifying problems that arise.
• Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors.
• Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access by setting cybersecurity measures
• Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of memory loss
• Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance
• Suggesting changes and improvements for maintenance or protection
• Ensuring all hardware and software are updated
• Authenticating data
• Monitoring the performance of hardware and software
• Configuring servers and databases
• Preserving data integrity
Familiarity with database queries
Knowledge of database design and theories
Ability to work with data architects and other IT specialist to set up, maintain and monitor data networks
Knowledge of database structure and data manipulation languages, such as SQL or SQL/PSM Oracle Database, Hadoop, or PostgreSQL
Experience with server installation and maintenance
Experience with a variety of computer information systems
Maintaining an awareness of trends and developments in database administration.
Backup and recovery
Storage and capacity planning
Storage and maintenance of organizational data
Certification as an MCDBA or MCSD for .NET , is advantageous.
Familiarity with Power BL, BPMS is an advantage