Administers manages and monitors all systems, including databases, in development, test and production environments
- Monitors and manages system backups and recovery, including databases
- Designs, implements and manages system (including databases) security requirements and control mechanisms, including, but not limited to, users, groups, roles, and permissions in all environments
- Reviews project requirements and develop and recommends alternative solutions
- Oversees all activities relevant to testing a system or solution; collaborate with application developers to ensure that all programs and/or databases comply with all standards and function correctly
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to ensure customer needs are met by reviewing requirements, statuses, and associated issues
- Develops and improves the effectiveness of changes to specialized systems and databases that result in solving specific business problems; recommends improvements accordingly
- Researches and recommends IT tools to improve the efficiency of programs and databases
- Keeps abreast of technology, customer needs, and industry-related trends
- Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by Management
Tasks and Experience
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Manage Always On, Disaster Recovery Environment, Replication, and various public cloud connectivity
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Upgrade SQL Application server to newer versions as required.
- Identify and fix SQL Server performance issues, query optimization, and stored procedure performance improvement.
- Automate database task, Backup, Restore operations of production databases to other environments for testing and development purpose.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Minimum B.S in IT fields
- Experience with Integrated system such as Hamkaran
- Experience with SQL Server and Coding
- Demonstrated expertise with Word, Excel, and other MS Office suite applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to research and resolve issues
- Well organized with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good understanding of intra-department and operations