- Work as part of a team and report to the Customs Manager.
- Involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients.
- Pay, or arrange for payment of taxes and duties.
- Liaising with Customers.
- Entering details onto specialised customs software including CHIEF, CNS, Destin8 and CFSP.
- Allocating the correct licence depending on type of goods being imported.
- Involved in attending meetings with Customs Officials in the application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification as appropriate and will assist with any appeals that are forthcoming.
- Fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations.
- Maintain your understanding and keep up-to-date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
- Post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds.
- Prepare the necessary import documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents.
- Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs.
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported or exported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders.
- University degree
- At least 10 years of experience in related field.
- Previous experience working in a similar role depending upon the level of the job.
- A thorough understanding of the law, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, political processes and agency rules.
- Strong communication skills are vital in this role both written and verbally, as you will be required to compile documentation and you must be able to interpret the law on behalf of customers in a clear and simple manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in the role of Customs Clearance Clerk as you will be dealing with various agencies in the course of your daily work.
- Complex problem solving and the ability to engage critical thinking skills will be required as well as the ability to actively listen and interpret concisely.
- Work as part of a team, a Customs Clearance Clerk needs to be self-motivating and be able to organize their work effectively and maintain records.
- You must be able to operate computer programs such as Windows and any other software that is standard within the industry
Can't find jobs you're looking for?
Log In/Register for more opportunities!
"Caro" is an international business company with the goal of credibility and successful presence in the global market that was found in 2017 in Tehran.
Our company also operates in the field of import and export using experts and professional teams.
Cooperation with professionals, meritocracy, engagement with the global market, entrepreneurship, are the outstanding features of our company.
We hope that we will be an efficient and proud member of the trade world with the great effort and perseverance to serve our country and our beloved people.
Register for free Use
and speed up job searching
Jobs and Employment for Iranian professionals
Find jobs in best Iranian companies and international firms active in Iran.