ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and directs the development, implementation, integration and ongoing maintenance of all BI systems.
- Provides expert counsel and advice to technical staff in troubleshooting and/or resolving system problems; often works with new issues that have never occurred before, and provides counsel to technical staff in finding resolutions. Provides regular updates to senior management on all technical issues.
- Develops implementation schedules and coordinates with vendors and cross-divisional management.
- Manages all phases and is an expert on all processing of core systems, ensuring continuous access to bank data for internal and external customers.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BUSINESS CONTINUITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains and implements operational components of the business units' Business Continuity Plan: conducts periodic tests, cross trains and evaluates delegates' ability to perform critical and essential functions to restore operations.
Coordinates the annual disaster recovery testing; works with business units to make sure critical systems are brought online at the isolated network for testing. Documents results, and reports the findings to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Manages employees in assigned units or section. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum: BA/BS degree in computer science engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field.; four years’ experience working in the financial industry.
Preferred: : BA/BS degree in computer science engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field, 5+-year work experience in data engineering, data analysis, applied statistics, data science or econometrics.; four years’ experience working in the financial industry.
- SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong knowledge of quantitative analytics and advanced analytical tools. Proficiency with SQL, Oracle, Redshift, OLAP, MS Reporting Services Experienced in data visualization, reporting and presentation
Prior experience in design and execution of analytical projects, specifically with large data sets.
Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
Experience partnering with business owners directly to understand requirements and develop to assist in finding patterns and anomalies in customer behavior.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and/or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original techniques, innovative techniques, and/or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or Boards of Directors.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- REASONING SKILLS:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.