The Business Development position will be directed from our Business Development HQ. The ideal candidate will possess a relevant track record of solar experience which will then allow S/he to master our solar development in the country. The Business Development Manager shall be responsible for all aspects of development of our solar projects in Iran. S/he, will report to our Head of Business Development MENA.
The individual will be responsible for identifying and evaluating strategic sites for possible development, land origination and control, initiating and managing generation interconnection activities, overseeing project design, implementing a community outreach program, managing project stakeholders including community leaders and landowners, directing the project permitting and approval process, and providing energy marketing and power sales support. The position will entail oversight of new and current development projects through development and into construction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct research and analytical studies on a variety of new business development projects; in-cluding preparing reports that include cost analyses and comparative financial data to support findings
2. Under supervision, analyze and conduct trade studies, prepare reports and advise on feasibility, cost effectiveness and regulatory conformance of proposals and special projects,
3. Contribute to business development growth plans in generating and upgrading associated policies and procedures
4. Development of the company’s subdivisions
5. Secure site control for development prospects, including negotiating leases, easements and other agreements with landowners.
6. Maintain relationship with Government stakeholders, SATBA, REC, Solar Association, etc. in order to secure GEPs position and interest in the development and operations of projects
7. Manage and liaise with the technical team in order to plan and design the projects on the basis best in class lowest LCOE design and components without compromising on quality
8. Coordinate with international offices and teams to undertake activities supporting the implementation of the company’s strategy
9. Responsible for creation and review of monthly operating reports with respect to compliance, contract requirements, lenders financial model and performance
10. Perform other required ad-hoc assignments as required
• Fluency in English is a must.
• Knowledge of the energy field with an emphasis on renewable energy, including solar photovoltaic technologies, regulatory policies and markets solar photovoltaic technologies and plant design.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related technical program.
• Masters in Engineering or MBA a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years of power industry experience. Solar development experience is desired.
• Knowledge and experience with all aspects of project development.
• Excellent solution-seeking, teamwork, leadership and communication skills.
• Well organized, skilled at handling multiple tasks, and able to adhere to deadlines,
• Attention to detail, commitment to follow-through,
• Energetic person with strong business acumen and a desire to drive excellence and innovation in the business,
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written),
• Advanced IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).